Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A Special Shoemaker

In 1850, a man named Charles Arnold and his wife lived in the same household with my 3x great grandparents, Edwin B. Webber and Lucy Towne.  Edwin and Charles Arnold were both shoemakers.  Perhaps they worked together.  Charles Arnold was about 26 years old at the time and Edwin was 31.  I can imagine that if they lived together and worked together, they were very good friends.  I don't think those arrangements could have worked too well otherwise.

In December of 1857, Charles Arnold the shoemaker died at age 33.  How horrible!  The family must have been devastated.

Less than one year later, Edwin and Lucy had a baby boy in November of 1858.  They named him Charles Arnold Webber.  I'm sure they were reminded of their friend regularly.  Charles Arnold Webber is my great great grandfather.  This is his picture.


Family member name: Charles Arnold Webber
Lifetime: 1858-1933
Tree branch: Webber
Place lived: All in Massachusetts: Holland (Mass), Brimfield, Boston, Needham
Relation: My 2x great-grandfather (my dad's dad's dad's dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment