Tuesday, November 13, 2018

No surprises

I just received my DNA results from Ancestry.com!  So exciting!!

Family member name: Meredith Rae Webber Hargreaves
Tree branch: All
Lifetime: 1975-
Relation: Me



Meredith's DNA results

What do these results show??  Basically, I'm white.  (Shocker!)

It's almost as if my DNA was not tested, but instead they compiled all the people in my family tree and came up with the above percentages based on where everyone is from. I'm not surprised at these results at all.

I think I am slightly more German than the test shows, but 10% is in the ballpark.

I was hoping to be 1% Native American, based on the fact that my Pilgrim ancestors lived in close proximity to Indians for many years.  (Can't tell me there was no hanky panky going on!)  But alas, nothing shows up, so that's disappointing.

This test is awesome confirmation that my research has been on track and that the source records from Ancestry are also correct.

I'm looking forward to the other features offered by these results, like possibly finding family members.  Stay tuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment